Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sweet Dreaming


One of my projects that I'm working on is a bedroom.  


This is a picture of it now....I should've taken pic with the shutters open but......On the other side of these windows to the east is a beautiful court yard.  There is a set of windows on the other side of those lamps that look out at a beautiful pond.  I want the bedroom to be calming and not fussy....using very minimal color.....I have been using a blue paint for a few projects...A good friend shared it with me a few years ago and I just can't do a house without it....  



I ran across these pictures on a blog House of Turquoise. I loved the black trim with the blue color.  The room has an elegant punch!!  I'm a bit gun shy of painting the trim black especially since the current room has beautiful off white plantation shutters.   

So, I'm going to improvise a bit and try to get this same look.  I've decided to paint the room the soft blue and use a Ralph Lauren Black 4 Poster bed and accessorize very simply with creams, beige, and soft blue......I'm thinking I may paint the master bath the same soft blue.....

I'll keep you posted on this room as it progresses!!!  I'm so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment